Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default change control listbox results to numbers

In the same way. The .ListIndex attribute is the same for both listboxes
and comboboxes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Gmann" wrote in message

Sorry, I thought I had posted in excel. Thanks for the answer, how
would I go about the same operation (below) with a group of
comboboxes?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP;457857 Wrote:
Better to ask in the excel.programming newsgroup. But use the
.ListIndex
attribute of the listbox + 1

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on
a paid professional basis.

"Gmann" wrote in message
...-

I have a listbox (activex control) in an excel worksheet, it returns
"text" value to the linked cell, when the item is selected from the
list.

Since I want to do math with the result in the linked cell, how can I
use vba to return a corresonding numeric value, instead of the text
value.

I know the listbox created from the "forms" menu, returns a number,
but
I like the versatility of the activex control better. I have tried
research this question for many days now, and can't find a reference
this problem.

Has anyone else tried this? Any help is humbly appreciated.

--
Gmann -

--
Gmann