Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Global Font Change

Replace can do this. Leave both "Find what" and "Replace with" boxes empty.
Click More, if necessary, to expand the dialog. Then click Format, select
Font, and select the appropriate fonts for both boxes. But this would be
MUCH easier if the document used styles; then you would just modify the
styles.

http://word.mvps.org

"Gordon Padwick" wrote in message
I want to change fonts throughout a long (420-page) Word document. Is there
a straightforward way to do that without having to go through the entire
document manually?

At present, the document uses a mix of Times Roman and Century Schoolbook
for text and a mix of Arial and Lucida Console for programming examples.
It has that mix because parts of the document were created by different
people.

I need to convert all the Times Roman to Century Schoolbook and all the
Arial to Lucida Console.

My guess is that I need to create a macro, but I wonder if Word offers a
simpler approach.

Gordon