Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
James Ko James Ko is offline

Default Global Font Change

If you are using a Style, there you go. Change the font formatting in, for
example, the Normal style and it's done for you. If you are not using a
Style, then create one and apply to the document as you like.

James

"Gordon Padwick" wrote in message
I want to change fonts throughout a long (420-page) Word document. Is
there a straightforward way to do that without having to go through the
entire document manually?

At present, the document uses a mix of Times Roman and Century Schoolbook
for text and a mix of Arial and Lucida Console for programming examples.
It has that mix because parts of the document were created by different
people.

I need to convert all the Times Roman to Century Schoolbook and all the
Arial to Lucida Console.

My guess is that I need to create a macro, but I wonder if Word offers a
simpler approach.

Gordon