Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terry Terry is offline

Default Table Insists on Being at Top of Page

We prepared custom CVs required by a project and the CVs used Word tables to
hold some of the text.

The formatting of the original was fine. We circulated the CVs to
individuals to complete and one returned with a table mystery. CVs prepared
by others were fine €“ they did not have this problem.

One section of the CV has some non-table text followed by a table that
breaks across several pages. This table insists on starting at the top of the
page and I cannot insert any text above it €“ if I do, it jumps to the next
page. This is a nuisance as I would like to have a heading (in the body of
the document, not in a header) at the top of the page. Somehow one guy
editing his CV messed up the formatting.

I would be grateful for any ideas.