Greg Maxey

Minnie,

You are likely to get only opinions here :-). You like to surf the web. Try
a Google search for Word vs Word Perfect and you will get plenty to surf.

I have used Word for years after switching from Word Perfect. I gave up WP
reluctantly and primarily due to my work office computer having the MS
Office suite installed. That said, I wouldn't want to go back to WP after
semi-mastering Word. Learning to use Word will take a while.

If you think that your range of usage will remain an occassional letter for
your husband's business then I wouldn't recommend switching. If you think
that you might one day enter the work force in an office enviroment, then I
would say that there is a good chance that skills with Word would get you
further than skills with WP.

Remember, these are my opinions :-)

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

minnie wrote:
I have a new computer. I am a homemaker. I like to surf the web and
I am also playing with the idea of selling things on E-Bay. My
husband has a bussiness and sometimes I write letters for him. My
question is, what are the pros and cons of WORDPERFECT verses
MICROSOFT WORD. I have wordperfect here, however if I can benefit
from buying microsoft word, I will.Is microsoft word an easier
program?