Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Use of Word 2003 instead of Word 2007?

You are welcome

Patrick wrote:
Dear Graham,

I have followed your advice and the problem is fixed. Appreciate
your help !

Regards,
Patrick

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
See http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm with respect to
the registry changes necessary to enable the two versions to
co-exist. --

Patrick wrote:
I have installed Office 2007 on a Vista machine with Office 2003.
They are installed on different folders as they can coexist.

I have also changed the file association for DOC documents to use
Word 2003. However, after a whole, when I open a DOC document, Word
2007 is started (Instead of Word 2003).

On the other hand, I find that Excel / PowerPoint do not have this
problem (after changing the file association).

Is there any suggestion ?

Thanks