Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JanAdam

Default anchoring inserted objects

Thank you John,

How can I link my object to its legend, which is just a line of text (can be
a text box perhaps) such that the two stay always together, without, e.g.,
page break jumping in between, and, then anchor both to a page, or to a
paragraph, different from the legend? Like a cascade, the graph anchored to
its legend and then both anchored to a paragraph with a reference to the
graphic object.

--
JanAdam

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Hi JanAdam:

You might like to start he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/...VsFloating.htm

There's some information he

cheers

On 16/3/06 8:55 AM, in article
, "JanAdam"
wrote:

Can somebody advise me on a detailed technical article(s) on handling
inserted graphic objects in Word, like plots, graphs, photos, etc? Once I put
them in, they seem to have a life of their own and a strong opinion on the
place they want to stay in or unexpectedly and unpredictably move around
creating me a lot of grief. I just want to tame them; such that they stay
together with their legends in the place in document, I want them to be.
Every time I am fighting with MS Word, always knowing things better (the
Word that is), I wish it had some of the LaTeX capabilities.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410