Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I eliminate the X in the Signature Line from Word 2007?

John wrote:
I want to eliminate the big X from the Signature Line but don't see
how I can. Please advise.

If you use the built-in Signature Line button on the Insert ribbon, you
can't remove the X.

Instead of using the Signature Line button, first type the name/title where
you want it, then click the Shapes button in the Illustrations group and
choose the plain line tool to draw a line above the name. To make the line
perfectly horizontal, hold down the Shift key while drawing the line.

If clicking the line tool causes a big box to appear with the words "Create
your drawing here", go to Office button Word Options Advanced Editing
Options and uncheck "Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting
AutoShapes".

For more, see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

--
Regards,