Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chris Game Chris Game is offline

Default Vista, VBA/macros and Word 97

What's the best way to set up Word 97 in Vista so that I can run
VBA/macros? I've managed to kludge it with 'Run as administrator'
and swapping the normal.dot files between the folder Vista fiddles
the templates into in the Users area [1](after this I can run in the
usual user account), and the \Program Files\...\Templates folder
that Office 97 tries to use, but it's a bit fiddly and prone to
loosing sync between the two normal.dot files. This is pushing
Office 97 further than it really should be, but anyone got a better
method?

[1] Clever this! Well done Vista!
--
Chris Game

A core dump is your computer's way of saying "Here's what's on my
mind, what's on yours?"