Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Default How do I delete a created document that reappears on the blank pag

That blank page that opens as Document1 is your Normal template. All you
need to do is find the file called "Normal.dot" and delete it.

"dalemett" wrote:

A former staff person created a letter to her son on the blank page,
document1. We cannot get rid of this letter and recover the original blank
page on opening the program or opening another blank page. I even removed the
software and reinstalled several weeks later and it came back with the letter
on opening the program. According to her there was no password used on the
letter.