Doug Robbins

If I recall correctly, there is a macro (or a link to a macro) that will get
around this in the article "When I open a Word 2000 (or higher) document, it
creates a new instance of Word. How can I stop it from doing this?" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/SDIMDI.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"smith" wrote in message
Could you answer the same question for Word 2000 (Windows in Taskbar not
an
option in Word 2000). Thanks.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | uncheck the "Windows in
Taskbar" box | OK.

Scot wrote:

Using Word 2002 in Office XP Pro:
How do I launch multiple documents within the same Word Window.
Currently,
each document I launch causes a separate Word indow to open, resulting
in
several open windows instead of one window with several documents as it
was
in Word 97.