Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MO MO is offline

Default Help

Yes Thank you Stefan, you've been very helpful. On more question, I had to
uninstall the update for service pack 2 because it screwed up everything. Can
I just go on without those set of updates or are they necessary. I read that
others had problems with them too.
--

Mo

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Display file name extensions in Windows; that should help. Note that the
only Normal file that is relevant in this case is the one found in your user
profile. If you want to try finding Normal manually, show hidden and system
files in Windows, and then look in your user profile (the Templates folder).

I'm not familiar with APA Perrla, so I can't advise on that one.

By the way, did you take a look at the article I linked to?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mo" wrote in message
OK Stefan, I found many of my documents under normal but when I add dotm I
get nothing Where do I go from there. Also I have a program called APA
Perrla
which references my research work for me and I don't know if that is
considered an add on or what (I'm not that knowledgable in computers) Well
that stopped working right too. It is a downloaded program that I
desperately
need for my papers. So please answer again about the normal.dotm Thanks
--

Mo

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

My guess is that something has happened to your Normal template. Exit
Word.
Locate and rename the normal.dotm template. The next time you start Word,
new, fresh copy will be created. Does that help?

To find normal.dotm, you can use Windows search (hold the Windows key and
press F). Be sure to search for hidden files and folders.

See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mo" wrote in message
Did anyone have a problem with the 2007 Word program after downloading
updates in the last couple of days. Ever since then I write something
in
Word
and when I try to reopen it it says Microsoft Visual Basic error 13
type
mismatch. What should I do I uninstalled the Service Pack 2 update and
the
security updates, don't know which is the problem and now it isn't a
problem.
Please someone tell me what to do.
--

Mo