Max Moor

Hi Again Jay,

Sorry to be a problem child, but I found my answers with some more
hunting, and got the macro to work.

The style I've been setting things to is called "Cross-reference," so
that is what I set the style line in your macro to.

It finally occurred to me that I was just doing in code what the Word
Find box did in the app, so I started experimenting with that. I found out
that, indeed, "^d" says to search fields.

When I went to add my style criteria to the search, I found that there
was a style called "Cross-reference Char" in the list. Guess what? That one
works just fine. It doesn't find a single one if I use "Cross-reference."
It must be a paragraph/char style thing that I need to understand better.

I suppose I still have a lot to learn, but I'm smarter than I was. The
coolest thing is that all my references now have page number next to them,
and I hardly had to do a thing.

Thanks for the help!

Max