Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
maryliz maryliz is offline

Default Find and Replace Formatting

Klaus, this certainly isn't the first time your posts to this group have
helped me immensely, and it won't be the last. I thank you for every single
word!

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"maryliz" wrote:
Can somebody help me find a safer way to remove all double underlining in
document without removing the the words as well, which happened when I
tried
it.

In the find box, I didn't put words; I just went to the font format dialog
box, chose double underline, and in the replace box, nothing. When I
clicked
replace all, to my surprise, whole paragraphs were gone. What stupid move
did I make there?

You've made the word processing world a better place! Thank you!

Hi maryliz,

Put "Format Font no underline" in "Replace with" (...more quickly done
by hitting Ctrl+Shift+D twice).

Else as you found, if you have neither any text nor any formatting in
"Replace with", whatever you search for will be replaced by nothing.

Regards,
Klaus