Default Figure references are inserting the graphics

Thanks. You are correct. The images are ending up "inside" the
caption. I found a time consuming way to correct each figure (create a
new frame, copy and paste the linked image into the frame, delete any
whitespace before the caption in the original frame, copy and paste the
caption into the new frame, and delete the old frame). But with so many
images/captions, I was faster to revert to a backup of my document and
redo the day's changes.

The document is a 300 page book that includes text and images (and lots
of other stuff), so I use frames to keep the captions and images
together. I believe I used frames and not text boxes, because the text
boxes were not updated when I F9'd the entire document.

Thanks,

Steve