Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Left and right justified text on one line

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum of microsoft.public.word but
here goes anyway.

I am using Word 97 SR-1 updated to SR-2 on a ME windows machine.

What I am wanting to do is to take a single line of text with only a
few words - no more than half a dozen at the most - and split this so
some of the words are left justified and some of the words are right
justified. Example -

I want to alter the text string

AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF

to look like

AAA BBB CCC ---- to the left ----- maximum space ---- to the right
------ DDD EEE FFF

all on one line.

Now, obviously I know I can do this by inserting tabs and spaces - but
is there a way I can do this as a format, so that the left hand text
always starts from the left, and the right hand text is always as far
to the right as possible ?

I've been fiddling with this for some time, can't seem to figure it
out.

Is there a way to do this in Word 97 ?

If it needs a macro to do it, I am OK with using these.

TIA.

--
Nick