Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Left and right justified text on one line

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Shauna Kelly

Thanks for your help Suzanne and Shauna.

Quite apart from the technical know how, it confirmed I was not going
mad or suffering from memory loss.

And I know now too where I have done this before. In addition to Word
97, I have OpenOffice 2 here. I just tried this again very quickly in
OO Writer - and it seems to work - the right justified text appears to
move with changes in global page set up. It was a quick test, might not
be 100% in all cases, but it satisifed my sanity by doing what I was
trying in the Word doc.

I stopped using OO Writer for other reasons. I had gone from Word 97 to
OO 2 largely because it was free but also because it was getting rave
reviews. But OO has no ability to ''find and replace'' paragraph
marks. Where Word uses the term ^p in ''find and replace'' drop down
menus for this fiunction, there is no direct easy possibilty in Writer.
That is a real disadvantage with many of the files I handle.

Anyway OO is a digression.

Thanks again for the Word help.

--
Nick