Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stella Stella is offline

Default Product key problem

My laptop was bought over a yaear ago with preinstalled Microsoft office,
which I never bothered to use before now. Every time i've received a Word
document, the box popped out and asked me for the product key but i didn't
know where to look for it, so I could only read the documents.
Now I need Word for doing my home esseys and I downloaded a free version of
microsoft office, promising all of the applications.
BUT, the product key was asked again and when I went to the Microsoft Office
site for getting it - the reply was that it wasn't found and that I needed to
check if I was connected in internet. Of course I was connected!
I tried to get the product key via the icon on my lap-top - same result.
After reading some of the post in here - I found the product key on the
bottom of my machine and I typed it but then I got the reply that it was not
the right product key. I AM IN DESPAIR - I NEED ALL THE APPLICATINS, but WORD
is the MOST URGENT at the moment!