Daiya Mitchell

Didn't you already have an extended conversation on this issue on a
different newsgroup?

As I followed that discussion, I kept wanting to say: Please note that:
I go to "toolslanguagehyphenation," make the change,

Does not save it to Normal.dot. All that messing about with the style after
does not mean to you saved hyphenation to Normal.dot. If there isn't an
"add to template" or "make default" option, I don't think Word will save it
back to Normal.dot for you. Page Layout dialog has a "default..." button.
Hyphenation does not. The hyphenation setting does not become part of the
defined style. What made you expect this to work? Are you seeing something
different in your version than I see in mine?

Anyhow, as two people told you in your original thread yesterday:
Find Normal.dot, open the template itself and make the change there.

DM

On 12/3/04 10:40 AM, "Phil James" wrote:

Hello all!

I've just finished customizing Normal.dot to suit me, but I can't get
"automatic hyphenation" to "take." Everything else worked fine.

I'm using Word 2000 under Windows 98 Second Edition on an IBM ThinkPad A20m.

I go to "toolslanguagehyphenation," make the change, then go to
"formatstyle," make a change which I then reverse out later, check the "add
to template" box, and save. I could change "page layout" using this
technique, but it doesn't work for "automatic hyphenation."

How can I get this feature into my Normal.dot?

Thanks...

Phil

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word