Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Setting Margins for Printing/Binding

Yes, set Mirror Margins. Then either set a gutter measurement or add some
binding space to the Inside margin. The page at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...etprinting.htm explains this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Gordon Biggar wrote:
I am using Word 2000, and I would like to print a document that will
eventually be bound. To allow for the binding, I recall once making
adjustments to margins to allow for this (i.e., shifting text to the
right on odd pages, and shifting text to the left on even pages).
However, I don't remember how I did it. "Mirror Margins" under Page
Setup? Somewhere else? How does one specify the amount of shifting,
etc.?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas