Daiya Mitchell

See also:

This is peer-to-peer help, no one is a customer of mine, so no, it wasn't a
customer-focused response. I may consider the tone "crisp", you seem to
read it as "rude." Well, that's the way newsgroups go. My primary
consideration is producing a helpful response.

DM

As an alumni of Microsoft, I'm not clear on how this tone or response is
conducive to a customer focused response. In any case, the directions I
followed were those in Microsoft Word 's Help. Then I went to various MVP
sites but hadn't located this one. Thank you for the link. I will try this
and see if it works. Kind regards, Deborah Poe

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

No one knows what directions you followed and thus can't have a clue whether
you did anything wrong, but here's how to do what you want:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

You need to use the icons on the header/footer toolbar to turn off "same as
previous," or unlink the headers.

You may also find clarifying information at:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

According to every Web site/troubleshooting site for MS
Word, this should not be happening due to directions I
followed. I even created a new document with placeholder
text. The same problem.