Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PhenyxFire PhenyxFire is offline

Default Duplicating parameters in filters

Hello!
I know there have been a couple of posts regarding the duplicating of filter
parameters. Unfortunately, both answers of using Access or set up SKIPIF
field codes will not work for me as I have over 200 documents set up for
merges at 57 employee's desks and don't have the time to set up a SKIPIF
field code at each employee's desk. The Access use will not work because the
info is pulled from an AS/400 system and put directly into Excel to feed the
merge doc in Word. Before we switched from 2000 to 2007 we never had a
problem with duplicating parameters in the filters so it's very frustrating
that a good product no longer works properly. Makes me think MS didn't
QA/test the merge filters.

90% of the merges have the same three parameters used (Equal To, Not Equal
To, and Is Not Blank, with "And" used for each one). It doesn't matter what
order I put them in, at least two of them duplicate each time and end up with
"Or" instead of "And," as well as show the opposite parameter that was
originally chosen. It really messes things up and the users end up having to
manually type the info that would normally be merged. It's a daily struggle
and a serious headache to get the merges done correctly as some of the users
have upwards of 100 entries they now have to type manually when all they had
to do was merge and print in the past with 2000.

Does any one have any additional suggestions? I would appreciate anything.
Thank you so much in advance!
--
PhenyxFire
Always five, acting as one.