Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Emily Emily is offline

Default Email Merge Using Access Data Source (E-mail Field)

I'm helping my church to implement mass e-mails, to save on postage fees for
mass mailings. We recently tested the e-mail merge using Word for the merge,
Access dbase for the data source (field in table for e-mails) and Outlook for
the e-mail tool. However, it only proved successful in e-mailing those
addresses that were already in the Outlook contacts folder. It ignored the
e-mail addresses that were to be included, but were not in the Outlook
contacts already. Is there a way to use the mail merge features of Office to
do a mass e-mail without having to add those other e-mail addresses to the
Outlook contacts folder? We're talking about a few hundred e-mails, once we
actually implement this. And is there a limit to the number of e-mail
contacts that can be sent at one time? I've seen other postings of 256 and
500 - not sure if they relate to what we're trying to do. Thanks
--
Emily