Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
scribulations scribulations is offline

Default Can't draw lines in simple table

Using Word 2003, I created a text box in a doc then inserted a table inside
the box.
The text box is about 19cm square and the table approx 18cm square.

For some reason I'm having trouble drawing vertical lines in the table.
I've been able to do it once or twice, but most of the time, after selecting
'TableDraw Table', and attempting to drag\draw a line, the point of the
pencil tool has a small box at its tip, almost like a crop tool in a photo
editor.

If I click and drag it, it forms a box, instead of drawing a line. The
Erase tool is also flaky and intermittent.

Anyone know what's going on here? :-(