Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DonD

Default Word Table: When I select a Column, some rows have 2 cells sel

Yes, I can split the merged cell but the row will have too many columns and
once again requires a rewrite or major cell resizing. The most bazaar thing
is the cell had 3 lines of text, with a return after the first 2 lines of
text. Somehow these returns changed the single cell into a 3 row merged cell.
The other bazaar thing is the fact you cant identify which cell is merged in
word. I ended up copying and pasting a row from the word table into excel to
see what cell was merged. The only real problem I can see is a merged cell is
not. If it was merged like €śWord Perfect€ť it would be truly one cell. The
€śWord Perfect€ť table capabilities in the mid 90 was way ahead of Word 2003.
10 years behind. Pretty sad.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The two cells have been merged (Table | Merge Cells). Place the cursor
inside them and try the Split Cell command on the Table menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DonD" wrote in message
I have a couple rows in my table that seem to be totally normal

until I
select a table column. Then I get 2 side-by-side cells selected with

the
otherwise single table column. Are these 2 cells linked? I don't

know why
it's doing this. I can no longer copy and paste a column. I tried

cutting and
pasteing the row into a new row, but it still does it. It there

anyway to fix
this?