Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Want to use extra field to modfy a name

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
See also the section Initial field when merging from Outlook Contacts at

"Stephen Ford" wrote in message
WIN XP SP3
MSO 2003

I want to merge with Outlook contacts and create names with contents:

{Title} {Initial} {Name}

The result will be for example
{Miss} {S} {Jones}
{Mr} {& Mrs G} {Greg}
{Mrs} {P} {Ford}

where the braces are shown to identify the data in the fields Title,
Initial & Name

The field "Initial" does not exist in Outlook as far as I can see. I have
called it "Initial" to explain what I am trying to do. There is a
"Nickname" field which would be very convient to use but when using
MatchFields in Word, the field "Nickname" appears not to be available.

Is there a way to make it available? I am interested because it is shown
on the Details tab on the contacts form and is therefore easy to access
and enter the required data.