Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default word should have the ability to USE BRITISH SPELLINGS!!! COLOUR..

To clarify Jay's post, Cindy's article tells you how to change the default
language of Word/Windows. You need to select English (UK) instead of English
(US).

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 04:26:27 -0800, ict angel
wrote:

i live in england, where the english language was invented and is still

used
acurately with correct spellings. i dont claim to be able to spell

perfectly
atall thats why i need the spelling on ms word to be the british ones.

word
actually tells me colour and flavour and aliminium are all wrong

spellings
and keeps mithering me to change them. i am tired of this and want

microsoft
to put a choice in the options to change to british spellings.

You already can change this. See
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

--
Regards,