Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default How to link a different Mailmerge header source and data source?

You can get either the old "MailMergeHelper" or just the Header file related
commands back by selecting them in Tools|Customize|Commands|category All
Commands and dragging them to a suitable toolbar.

However, you may find that Header sources do not work quite the same as they
do in previous versions of Word - e.g., you may not be able to attach /just/
a header source and then use the built-in drop-downs to insert merge fields,
and you may not be able to use a Header when you use Access/Excel data
unless you modify the connection method to the old default, DDE (check Word
Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions at open, then reconnect tot he
data source and select the DDE option when offered.)

Peter Jamieson

"Eleni_Malli" wrote in message
The previous version of Word allowed me to link my mailmerge documents to
an
data source created in Excel and a simplified header source in Word.

How does this version do this? I would like to update some of my existing
files created and cannot find the option to change this function to modify
the link to the header source?