Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dawn Crosier

Default How do I set up a multiplication talley in a Word table?

Try using this formula

=Sum(a1)*sum(e1)

Word formulas are *funny* which is why so many people embed Excel
Spreadsheets to perform the calculations. They format the spreadsheet
to look like a table, so the printed document looks the same.

Have fun! But be sure and let me know if it does not work for you.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Tonya" wrote in message
I am trying to get the quantity from cell A1 multiplied by cell E1 to
show up
in F1. I've taken all the steps that Microsoft Office has asked me
to do and
have even had someone else to check to see if they could get it to
calculate
and it did on another machine. Help! What am I doing? Is it the
machine or
the user? Thanks!