Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default merge info into table

Table | Show Gridlines. If it's an empty row, you'll see an empty row.
Ctrl+* to display nonprinting characters. If it's an empty paragraph, you'll
see a paragraph mark.

I assume you're creating a catalog/directory-type merge. When you do this,
you need to include just *one* table row followed by the default empty
paragraph. If you have an extra paragraph or table row, this will be
replicated for every record.

"Cyrus" wrote in message
Suzanne: Thanks for getting back to me.
It looks like a blank line below the one-line tables. It could be a blank
row or a blank paragraph. I could email you what I see if you like.
Cyrus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this a blank row or an empty paragraph?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Cyrus" wrote in message
When I try to merge from an excel file to create a table of several

rows,
created a table of one row with merge data inside. When I look at

completed
doc I find a blank space between all entries. How do I merge into a

table
without the blanks space between rows? Is the cursor position

significant?
I've tried saving w the cursor in every position possible.