Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brock Sampson Brock Sampson is offline

Default word 2010 beta problems

In trying to update to all of your posts, I have not tried the /safe option,
I can only assume you mean to boot into safemode and try it, b/c I can do
nothing with word in normal mode as soon as it opens I get the usual MS has
encountered an error and needs to close and wants to send the error report to
MS.
Is there another /safe option you are talking about?
I believe it does have something to do with validating the product as out of
all the office products )excel, access, powerpoint etc) validate and work
just fine...Word 2010 is the only one that says failed validation.
Is there any ways to pre-validate the product before open like thru a
command prompt?
And as far as add-ins goes, there were some addins for outlook 2003 for like
my AV SW but they were disabled long ago, no other addins I am aware of
especially for word or even how to check since the program crashes at every
launch.I will check outlook for addins, where else can i look?

I do have a valid key, but dont even get the chance to enter it on word.

As far as posting in this forum, I dont know what to say besides deal with
it or sorry, It took me forever to find a forum to ask for help, i saw
nothing in the agreement about where to post or at least missed it, I always
scan them but really who actually reads every single word, (unless you are a
lawyer) But provide me with links to the appropriate forums and I will be
happy to post there.

As far as how to get and test the product, ( the link provided in Yves post
is valid to download 2010 office beta)...yes you need a windows live ID and
only an ID, I dont use windows live but am able to use my email address as
the ID and I found out about the technical preview (which was invite only and
I downloaded, but never installed) and was later invited to the beta test
version (which I did recently install and am having problems with) by reading
"My Digital Life" that is where I found the link and signed up for the invite.

I hope this helps other people but I am still looking for an answer to my
question.
--
Brock Sampson
GO TEAM VENTURE!

"Brock Sampson" wrote:

I have been recently invited to participate in Office 2010 beta and I am
having probs with word 2010 beta...Always at open, it encounters an error and
has to close. All the other office programs work just fine! (outlook, access,
excel etc all ok)

On the top bar it does show word fails validation, all the other programs
validate just fine....I have tried the repair option, completely removed all
office products, run tools like CCleaner, complete reinstall and revalidate
and fully updated MS updates and of course needed reboots. I am running XP
Pro SP3

But I still have the same issue-any ideas?
--
Brock Sampson
GO TEAM VENTURE!