Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JFL JFL is offline

Default How do I delete a section break completely?

I deleted the section break in normal view, and I still got the problem I
described. Even though the break does not appear in normal view, the
document still displays as 'section 1' (the deleted section) in the first few
characters of the document and then displays as 'section 2' when I move the
cursor a few characters. I want to prevent this because there are a few more
sections I need to merge and having unnecessary sections may make the
document ackward to naviagte for subsequent users, if they want to search the
document by section.

Thanks again.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Display the document in normal view: this makes the breaks more obvious.
Then select and delete.

"JFL" wrote in message
I'm editing a document that currently has 81 sections. When I tried to
remove the first section by deleting the section break (next page), the
page
break line is gone, but the document still reads as 'section 1' when I
place
the cursor in front of the first word. When I move the cursor a couple of
characters, the document recognizes the section as 'section 2'. How do I
remove the first section to make the old 'section 2' the new 'section 1'
and
have the old 'section 3' become the new 'section 2', and so on?

Thank You!