Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Date Calculations in Word Mail Merge

There is an example in the link Doug posted which explains how to do what
you want. You simply have to use a little imagination to make it work with
your fields, by changing the delay to 10 and the fieldname from DATE to that
of your FIELD.

Noah Kaufman wrote:
Thank you to everyone who replied. I've found my answer, and
although it was more complicated than I thought, and also required
some "tweaking" -- it works the way I want it to.

You can find the key piece on the web he
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm

This guy has a field that was created by a macro that is complicated
to say the least. I did not bother with the macro, but instead
downloaded his sample document with the field, copy and pasted it
into my target document -- and then edited the field to make it work.