Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frank Situmorang Frank Situmorang is offline

Default Date keep changing when opened

Hello,

I have a database that can be mereged to word, this is the VBA in my dbase
form:
Private Sub cmdMerge_Click()
Dim strMsg As String

' merge the doc
If IsNull(Me.lstFiles) = False Then

Call RidesMergeWord(strDirPath & Me.lstFiles & ".doc", strDirPath,
strOutDocName)
DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name

Else
' Note: This is message string #1.
strMsg = DLookup("MessageString", "[Lookup Message String_Qry]",
"[FormName] = '" & Me.Name & "' AND [StringNumber] = 1")

MsgBox [strMsg], vbExclamation, "Word Merge"

End If

End Sub

In the word template that to be merged, I put date field, so that when I
perform the merge, it has the date created.

When it performed the merge today in Oct 20, 2009, I saved the document in
other name, say " membership transfer of Mr. A", then when I opened the word
of membership transfer of MR. to morrow the date becomes Oct 21, 2009. What
should I do to keep it the same date as when the merged is performed.

I have tried to changed it to created date, but it shows the date when the
template is created although I have saved it in other name, it still shows
the old date.

Thanks for any help.

Frank