Graham Mayor

Default Mail merge woes

Don't use the addressblock field. Use the individual fields that make up the
address - see http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm and

Peter in New Zealand wrote:
I have an issue with mail merge that is driving me absolutely potty! I
have been a user of MS Office since the old 97 days, and am currently
using Office XP. I used mail merge in the old 97 version without
trouble, but this time it just won't fly. I want to print a series of
envelopes using the Outlook contacts. I start from the mail merge
wizard in Outlook, and have also tried with ditto starting in Word.
Each time it seems to do everything OK, and I can "page" through the
merged envelopes on the screen except that there is nothing coming
through from contacts. The address block field remains empty. The
return address on the envelope is there just fine, but that's all. I
have studied through the help topics in both Word and Outlook, and
searched the MS site for anything that might help, but nothing seems
to. For what it's worth I am doing everything exactly as the
instructions say, and had no problem with Office 97 in the old days.
I have a fresh installation of Windows 2000, with Office XP, and
everything else works just great. If anyone can throw any light on
this at all for me I would be terribly grateful, as I have several
hundred Chriatmas mailings to get away and I hate the thought of
having to address them all by hand.