Thomas M

Graham,

I have an issue regarding the Courier font that seems like it is somewhat
related to the issue of this thread. We have an HP LaserJet 4100 that DOES
support the Courier font. On my machine (XP Pro and Word 2000), when the HP
LaserJet 4100 is selected as the printer the Courier font appears in the
Word font list. This is in agreement with your comment below. I have
successfully composed Word documents using the Courier font and printed them
to this printer.

However, we have another machine (Also running XP Pro and Word 2000) on
which the Courier font does NOT appear in the Word font list when the HP
LaserJet 4100 is the selected printer. I have confirmed that the Courier
font is installed on the machine. If the printer supports the Courier font,
then why would that font appear in the Word font list on one machine, but
not on the other, when both machines have the font installed? Could it be a
problem with the printer driver?

--Tom

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Script is a screen font. Word will only display fonts the current prionter
is capable of printing. WordArt is a little more flexible.

Lana A Li wrote:
Hello. I currently own a copy of Microsoft Word 2003, running on a
Windows XP System. I have a FONT problem.

I notice that when I am using the "Word Art" feature of Microsoft
Word, I am presented with quite an extensive array of different fonts
from which to select. One of my favorites from this particular list
is the font called "Script."

I would really like to use this particular font in my normal typing.
I think that it would look rather nice as a normal type font;
however, I cannot seem to find this font when I am doing regular
typing. It seems that I can only use this particular font in the
"Word Art" feature of Microsoft Word. "Script" (NOTE: NOT Script MT
Bold, but the regular one) does not appear on the normal font list.

Obviously, my computer MUST have this font installed if the font is
showing up at all, even if only under one portion of Word. However,
to be sure, I attempted installing the font "Script" to my computer
from the "Fonts" folder in the "Control Panel." Upon trying to
install it, I instantly got a message reading, "The Script (All res)
font is already installed. To install a new version, first remove the
old version." So, is this my actual problem? I need to install a new
version? How, exactly, would I go about deleting the "old version"
from Microsoft Word without deleting the entire font from my computer
altogether? Or is there just a specific location in which I need to
look in order to obtain this font for regular use? I have searched
EVERYWHERE on my hard drive, and I do not seem to be able to find it.
I am most frustrated and confused, to say the very least.

Any help, tips, or answers at all would be IMMENSELY appreciated.
Thank you all so much in advance. I hope I was able to explicate this
problem very clearly. Thanks again.