Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Change Word's Opening Default?

Graham was referring to the properties of the desktop shortcut, not the
template.

http://word.mvps.org

"CWLee" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Also check Word Help for 'starting Word' which will give you a list of
startup switches to the Word command line e.g. /n will start the
application with no document open and /ttemplatename will open word with
a new document based on the template called 'templatename'

Following the suggestion above, I went to Word help under "staring word"
and found instructions to do what I want to do, but one of the steps
indicates that after opening "properties" I should see either a "TARGET
box" or a "COMMAND LINE box" and I see neither. Under properties there
are 5 tabs: Genera, Summary, Statistics, Contents, and Custom. Where
might I find either the Target Box or the Command Line box?

Thanks.