Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default template problem

The vertical setting "From page" is measured from the top of the page.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

I need to create a Word template based on our company brand. I have
been given exact measurements for where to put the address and logo
etc..

Is there a way to set the position of image/text to a particular
height. For example, using tabs i can put text '35.5mm from left'.
But I can not see how to put it '65.5mm from top'. Obviously i have
the ruler turned on but its a very detailed height.

Also how do i make the template non-editable.

I want to have the template to a fileshare and allow users to click on
it and create their new docs from it, but not to be able to edit
certain parts i have entered. For example, using the letter template
they can enter text in a certain area but not mess up the company
address.

Thanks.