Jezebel

Check a) that all the cells actually contain numbers, as opposed to text
masquerading as a number, and b) that there are no empty cells above the SUM
field. This was, I think, fixed in W2003, but earlier versions add upwards
only until there is an empty or non-numeric cell -- all numbers above that
are ignored.

"Brendan Vassallo" wrote in
message ...
I am preparing a form in Word. I have a table and the last row i want to
sum
the rows above. I am using a form text field calculation to do this. i
have
"checked" the box on every field that says calculate on exit. when i
protect
the form and input numbers the formula does not update. i am totally out
of
ideas on how to fix this and have been searching the online help for some
4
hours.

i have other forms that i have written and used this exact method and they
all work on my pc. i did not originally construct this form.

i was wondering if there is some property that may have been disabled in
this document that may be causing the problem....

i would appreciate any help on this as i am desperate
--
Brendan Vassallo