Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joanne

Default Edit recipient list

Thank you for your help much appreciated

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Sm9hbm5l?=,

Do you know if there is a way around this issue besides opening the original
document and editing it before the merge begins as this would seem long
winded. Have just upgraded to 2003 and have most data sources (word tables
and excel spreads) already created in 2000.

Other than retyping the data source? No, I know of no alternative. Although I'd
the Edit button to work with a Word table (it certainly does here).
Theoretically you could copy the Excel data to Word documents and use those as
the data sources (as long as there aren't more than 63 columns).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)