Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobt bobt is offline

Default Word Limit in Text Box

If you are using the Text Form Field from the Forms toolbar (and I hope you
are) then when you right click on the field and choose PROPERTIES, you can
set the maximum length there (e.g. unlimited for you big ones and maybe 256
(21 words) for the smaller ones).

"Caroline" wrote:

I have a grant application that was created in Word 2003 that includes text
boxes in which users will fill in information in answer to questions. I want
the text boxes to be all the same size in the document and limited to a
certain number of characters, but I need some text boxes to be limited to
more characters (up to 2 pages) than others (perhaps just a brief sentence).
How can this be accomplished in Word 2003? I have not been able to find any
information on this in the Help section and am wondering if another program
should be used.