Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word Limit in Text Box

I think maybe "all the same size to begin with, but some of them
expandable." Table cells with an "at least" height would fill this
requirement.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You want all the text boxes to be the same size but some of them not the
same size? What is that supposed to mean?

If you really mean text boxes, then note that text boxes cannot span
pages. You should instead use table cells to restrict the area in which a
user can write coupled with a character limit on the form field inserted
in the cell. Set the table cells to a fixed height and width so that they
do not 'grow' when too much text is added.

Caroline wrote:
I have a grant application that was created in Word 2003 that
includes text boxes in which users will fill in information in answer
to questions. I want the text boxes to be all the same size in the
document and limited to a certain number of characters, but I need
some text boxes to be limited to more characters (up to 2 pages) than
others (perhaps just a brief sentence). How can this be accomplished
in Word 2003? I have not been able to find any information on this
in the Help section and am wondering if another program should be
used.