Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TThunder TThunder is offline

Default Printing multiple labels based on contents of cell

Sorry, I should have specified that the data source is an Excel spreadsheet.

I would like the labels to read as follows for my example, 1 label for each
product ordered so that I can stick a label on each product to make sorting
for delivery go more efficiently.

Something that I hadn't thought about before, but which would be helpful,
too, is to include "1 of 3" or something like that on the label where there
were multiples ordered.

Thanks for helping with this -- Terry

________________________________

John Doe
Jelly

John Doe
Jelly

John Doe
Jam

Jane Doe
Jam

Jane Doe
Jam

Jane Doe
Jam

Jane Doe
Peanuts

__________________________________

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What is actually to be printed on the labels? The name of the product?
What is the data source?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"TThunder" wrote in message
I'm using Office 2003 --

I have an order form with the purchaser's name in column A and products to
be ordered in columns B-Z. Most cells are empty, but if someone orders a
product, the number of items ordered for each product is in the
corresponding
cell.

Example:

Customer Jelly Jam Peanuts

John Doe 2 1

Jane Doe 3 1

I would like to print labels with the customer's name and product, and
print
as many labels as there are products ordered, for example, 2 labels for
John
Doe/Jelly, 1 label for John Doe/Jam, 3 labels for Jane Doe/Jam, 1 label
for
Jane Doe/Peanuts, etc.

How can I do this? Thanks -- T.