Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default PAGEREF \p Switch in DE, SV, SK, and PL

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
As I wrote, I am aware that you can have Word insert "above" or "below" in
the language applied to the cross-reference. I haven't seen any problems
with this feature.

But you were referring to "auf Seite" which I'm assuming means "on page"?
don't see a way to have Word insert that.

That is, Word inserts only the actual page number, and you will have to
insert text such as "page" or "on page."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bear" (nospam) wrote in message
Stefan:

No, actually you can. In Word 2000 terms:

1. Click Insert Cross-reference.
2. Select the reference type (say, Figure).
3. Select the item (figure) whose page you want to x-ref.
4. From the Insert Reference To list, select Page Number.
5. Check the Include Above/Below check box.

The result is: { PAGEREF _Ref999999999 \p }

When the figure is on the same page as the x-ref, the field result is
"above" or "below." When the figure is on a different page, the field
result
is "on page 99."

Please try it and see if the languages you are familiar with translate
correctly.

Bear