Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Default PAGEREF \p Switch in DE, SV, SK, and PL

Lene:

Thanks so much for your input. The larger question then becomes: would you
consider the German "correct?" or is this a field usage I should avoid for
multilingual works?

The suggestions Peter made are great, but increase the level of complexity
of the field use, which I'm hesitant to do at this point. (Both my authors
and my translation vendor are concerned).

My best solution for the time being is to leave the field as-is in our
English masters, then pre-process a copy for translation purposes where the
field is reverted to NOT having the \p switch, and the result text "above"
"below" and "on page" is made dead text.

So the x-refs evaluate and update in the English, then get frozen for
translation, except for the page numbers.

Thanks again.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000