Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Default forms in Word 2007

That I can't say but I do know that v8 was released before Office 2007 and
Vista.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
I'm amazed (no I'm not, it is Adobe!): I thought that Vista/Office2007 was
the raison d'être for Acrobat v8.

Terry Farrell

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Acrobat Pro v8 will allow you to turn a .pdf file into a form that anyone
with Adobe Reader v7 or higher can fill out, save, email, etc.

The caveat is that Adobe is not supporting Office 2007 or Vista at this
point. Some people have no issues, others do. A free patch is expected
later this year.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
To my knowledge, creating PDF files like this requires Adobe Acrobat
(and not
a cheap/free "PDF Maker" utility). I believe newer versions of Acrobat
are
capable of it, but I'm not sure. This seems to me to be a question for
Adobe
Acrobat, not Word.
--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Wowbagger" wrote:

I have a .tif image I would like to make into an editable form. As
with
previous versions of Word I can place the image into the header of the
document (still trying to figure out where everything is on the ribbon)
and
then place form fields in the appropriate places, but is there a way to
save
the results as a .pdf file with editable form fields? I have already
downloaded and installed the .pdf addon from the MS Office site.