Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default FYI Word 2007 users who must have menus

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:47:10 -0500, "Beth Melton"
wrote:

What are you talking about? Larry hasn't moved beyond Word 97. And based on
the several years I've been around these newsgroups, and him, I've never
seen anyone force him to do anything he doesn't want to do. ;-)

Again, I don't think this is the point. Larry was not accusing anyone
here of forcing him to do anything (other than listen to Greg's temper
tantrums). His point was that MS is forcing him by replacing the tool
he knows with one that he does not like and, unlike the car analogy,
he cannot easily just keep his old clunker or buy a car from another
company. I happen to agree with his point. It's a valid point.

But, if he's still on Word 97, then I have to withdraw my support. I
am happily humming the theme song from *Thoroughly Modern Millie*
while running Word 2000 on Win 2000. No clunkers for me.

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 02:08:38 -0400, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:

I think you have completely missed Larry's point. If you like the new
product or if you are willing to spend hours learning new techniques,
that's great. Larry's point is that MS has forced him to do so.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000