Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default How can I avoid only getting a 0 when mailmerge an itn'l phone nu.

The Excel Data section indicates how to connect the merge to Excel by using
the DDE connection method, which will bring across the data as you have it
in Excel.

The alternative is to format the data as numbers in Excel and add a
formatting switch to layout the numbers
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm according to the format you
require.

Kathym wrote:
Graham, thank you, but I can't find the answer. I don't see what
changes I need to make. Can you pls be specific? Thank you again.

"Kathym" wrote:

I have an extensive list of address information in an Excel database.
Included are international phone numbers. When I do a mailmerge into
a Word document, all the international phone numbers show up only as
a zero. I can't find a way to change this. Thank you.