Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_124_] Henk57[_124_] is offline

Default Cross-references and Outline View in Word 2003

Did you update the fields in the document? Ctrl+A, F9 ?

'Jose Valdes[_3_ Wrote:
;2483481']When I use outline view to rearrange the order of headings in
my manuals, it
breaks my cross-references. In the following example, I want to use
outline
view to move Heading C above B without breaking a cross-reference to B
that
is under D. Follow me? Sorry, I'm trying to make this easy. ;-) Please

notice the square brackets around Heading B. They represent the
bookmark
used by the X-ref under D.

Heading A
Body text for A.

[Heading B]
Body text for B.

Heading C
Body text for C.

Heading D
Hey see "Heading B" for really neat info.

When I move C above B, C takes the opening bookmark with it. Instead of

having a bookmark that points just to Heading B, it points to C, body
text
under C, and Heading B. The cross-reference to this bookmark now show
all of
this information.

Heading A
Body text for A.

[Heading C
Body text for C.

Heading B]
Body text for B.

Heading D
Hey see "Heading C
Body text for C.

Heading B" for really neat info.

Does anyone know how to avoid moving bookmarks when using outline view
move paragraphs around? If not, don't worry about it. Currently, I use
cut
and paste to avoid this problem.

--
Henk57