Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default how do I keep UK English as the default for Word spellcheck?

This has been driving me mad too, and no help in Help - a US conspiracy
perhaps. However, if you go to the box at the bottom of the word window
which says "English" which is next to the "OVR" (overstrike) box, you can
click and open a language setting box which has a default button. I've just
set it to English (UK). Let's see what happens the next time I switch the
computer on. Hope it works for you.

PS. Have pity on me. I also have a Macintosh, where everything is hidden in
different places, must be done in reverse or upside down AND in Martian.

"Thangam" wrote:

THe spell check keeps returning to US English and I am working in the UK and
need it to stick to UK English. I have changed the language default through
Office settings, but time after time, when I am writing a document, I find
that it changes organisation to organization and when I go into spell check
to change this, it keeps changing back to US English in front of my very
eyes. It's drivig me mad. please help!